Thursday, October 20, 2011

Re-do Personal Symbol

     The symbol I chose that I feel best represents me is a mountain. I chose the mountain as I resemble and relate to many aspects of it. A mountain represents a journey that I am on called “life”. A mountain is strong and stable. I t has many different paths, leading to various parts of the mountain. Not all paths on the mountain will lead to the top. Each path will have its own unique features. Some will lead no where, others will have dangers, obstacles, and struggles to you will need to overcome in order to continue on them. These paths represent my journey through life. I may find myself at a dead end and have to retrace my steps back in order to take another path. On another path I may be faced with dangers or obstacles. In my life’s journey these may represent, losing a loved one, or having difficulties achieving my goals or dreams.
     Another part of a mountain is water that runs along it. Some water may be in the form of a  calm moving stream, while other waters may rage and be wild and out of control. As I get older I find myself moving from the calm stream, or security of childhood, to the rage and sometimes wildness of crossing over into adulthood, and not having control of everything around me. It is hard trying to deal with the struggles of becoming and adult. You feel like you are being pulled under by the strong current, or bad influences of adulthood. Like the raging water sucking you under, you are forced to fight to resurface and breath in order to find your place in the adult world.
     A mountain represents all the avenues that I will need to be successful in this world.  There will be dead ends and struggles. I will have to be strong and stay pure and gentle like the calm moving stream. I cannot allow things to rage out of control and lose sight of what I would want to achieve. I will take chances, need to be motivated, and have faith in order to take the right paths and make the right choices on my climb to the top of the mountain. Once I am there, I will able to see everything around me, and savor my hard fought journey and my achievement. At the top of the mountain is where you enjoy the view and realize that all of your accomplishments finally happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment